Perhaps, you are new to project management so it will be helpful for you to know more about project management first steps. Below we give you project management first steps that will help you successfully start a new project:
- first meeting. The kick-off meeting is the first meeting when project participants discuss your future project, team assignments, people taking key responsibilities, financial resources, stakeholders’ expectations, goals, etc.
- first phase. Each methodology has its unique project management first stage. For example, in PMBOK methodology "Initiation" is the first stage, while in PRINCE2 methodology "Directing Project" (DP) is the first phase.
- first day. This day comes when you start initiating your project. For example, it can be dedicated to your first project management meeting.
- first time. This is the first hour when your project gets started.
VIP Task Manager will help you take the first steps of project management. It is a project-based program that allows using checklists, templates, sample to-do lists and schedules to start projects and manage project life cycles.
- Use the web search to find and download guides and tutorials about project management first!
- Download VIP Task Manager and start it to create a new database for your project.
- Log in your database and go to Task Tree view to plan the first steps of your project by using templates and to-do lists.
- Use Calendar view to schedule tasks of your project and develop timelines.
- Go to Resource List view to add users to the database. Use Permissions panel to set user permissions.