Overload will hardly stimulate your employee productivity
If you add one more task to the person who is overloaded, it won't help you to accomplish the work but will make him feel more stress. This feeling will hardly stimulate him working faster and more effective. That's why you should be careful while delegating tasks to other people. Task management software can help you make the delegation more effective and productive.
Delegate to the right person in the right time
Make sure the employee who you assign the task to can do it today at all. Track his or her today task list to analyze the estimated time of all his existing tasks, their priority and performance status. Maybe it's better to delegate this task to another person who is also able to do it, has enough knowledge and skills for this particular task and is less busy at that moment. Or wait if it's possible till the next day when your employee has much time to focus on this new task.
- Start your team management software
- Set filter to display only tasks assigned to particular employee on today
- Right click on footer under the Estimated Date column and select 'Sum' to track the total estimated time of his or her current tasks
- Sort the tasks by their priority to see if he has important or urgent tasks
- According to the situation assign new task to that or other person on that or next day