Time is money
There are situations when the employee is delegated a task that is out of his/her competence and can be accomplished by other less qualified team member. It's necessary to say "No" for such requests, because employee will spend his/her precious time and lose the chance to accomplish more important and profitable work for the company. The employee should argue the reasons of rejection by demonstrating the leader how much the company will lose if he/she is occupied with other's duties. The company will get nothing because of that action but benefits.
"Say 'No'" To Do List
- When you are delegated a task that can be accomplished by less competent person, don't confuse to say "No"
- Describe the leader why you don't want to fulfill this task, for example you can do more useful and profitable work and delegated task can be accomplished by other person for less salary
- Use software to add comments to the task
- Start your team management software
- Open the task you are delegated
- Open task comments section and explain the manager why this task should be delegated to other person
- Continue doing your tasks