Swallowing the frog
"If you start your day by swallowing the frog the rest of your day we seem perfect." In task management this joke means you should begin your working day by doing the thing you hate doing and postpone it to the end of the day (Of course when in the evening you don't have time for it). These tasks usually become "residents" of your task list and lead you to procrastination.
In case the task is big enough you can do it during several days but at least moving it forward step by step. You will know that you are making progress and it will motivate you to finish it as soon as possible. Also, there may be some exceptions, for example, sometimes we don't completely understand how to do the task, - then you should look before you leap and it's better to do the task later, but don't put it on the shelf for too long.
- Start your Planner or Scheduler Software
- Take a look at your Task List
- Select the Task you should have finished long time ago.
- Set the urgent priority for this Task.
- If you don't have more urgent Tasks start doing it right now.