The effectiveness of your work is directly connected with effectiveness of your work planning. To perform more tasks during the day you should plan properly your working process. You need to regulate your working process with certain rules – if it is possible break down all your typical business processes into smaller tasks and plan the duration of each task. For this you need to research your daily activities and note the time of all typical operations. Train yourself to follow this plan. To optimize your working day and be more productive you need:
- Create your personal time-table of working periods and breaks - during the work periods take care only about your work.
- When planning your working processes set for standard an average duration of each step.
- Do not be distracted from your activity by unimportant reasons.
- Do not interrupt your work with infrequent long breaks. It is better to do shorts breaks (5-10 minutes) every hour.
- Perform everything possible today in order to facilitate your tomorrow’s work.
- When your daily tasks are finished and you have some free time left, spend it to perform some portion of job for tomorrow.
- Define hours of a day when you usually have highest working capabilities (rising of physical and psychological powers).
- Define hours of a day when you feel inability to perform serious work.
- Research what factors influence your work capabilities positively and negatively.
- Try to perform hardest tasks during the hours of highest working capabilities, and perform routine/simple jobs when you feel light tiredness.
- Define the things that can encourage you to make progress every day (For example reward yourself with a small brake only after some work is completed).
- Optimize you working place, so you always know where any required thing is placed and can get it without unnecessary time and energy costs.
VIP Task Manager is a task and time management groupware which allows planning and tracking daily tasks, business processes and small projects for you and your team. VIP Task Manager is a product which is intended for group collaboration via LAN and/or Internet, however it can be easily used by each team member for individual planning of tasks.
To plan and optimize your working day you need:
- Start you work planning application
- Plan you business processes with a help of Task Tree mode
- Set estimated task durations, control actual task durations and compare them
- Use Scheduler (Calendar) mode to plan your activities for a day
- Manage and share you documents (files and links) with a help of task attachments