Why do you need short term task list?
When you have too many tasks in your task list it's very difficult to orientate in it. Even if the most part of these tasks must be accomplished not this day or even this week, endless list of tasks will disappoint you and make feel stress. If you decrease the number of tasks in your current to do list and concentrate your attention only on those of them that should be done in the near future, you will avoid overwhelming and distraction. Just make your daily or weekly to do lists, use them during these periods of time and forget about your endless task list.
"Create daily or weekly list" To Do List
- Decide what kind of to do list is more suitable for you, for example daily, weekly or maybe you want to make a list of tasks on the nearest three or six days, etc.
- Pick out the tasks assigned on the time period that you are interested in, and make a to do list of these tasks
- Use software to filter your task list by due date and display only tasks concerning required time interval
- Start your task management software
- Decide what kind of to do list is more suitable for you at this moment
- Set filter to display tasks that should be done during required time interval
- Start doing the tasks from this task list