It's easier to put off the problem till tomorrow than think how to do it today
People often postpone the important or urgent tasks which they can do just now. It happens due to different reasons, but the main one is that they are used to do so. It’s more convenient to put the problem off till some uncertain date than to think right now how to do it this day. The problem is that there is a risk that people won’t accomplish this task at all. Or they can complete the task but no one will need the result anymore because the situation changes very quickly nowadays. If you want to avoid that it’s necessary to teach yourself and your employees to look for the ways of doing the task this day rather than to search the reasons to put it off till later. It’s not easy, but as soon as you replace your negative habit with positive one, the word ‘procrastination’ will leave your vocabulary forever.
"Do important and urgent tasks now" to do list
- Ask yourself how urgent the new task is at the moment and how important it is in future
- If the task has a high priority, look through your today tasks. Maybe it’s necessary to put off the tasks with lower priority.
- Think what you should do to accomplish this task this day or at least start doing it if it’s big enough.
- Use software to list the task into your To Do List and to work with it in future
- Start your task management software
- Set filter to display tasks assigned to 'today'
- Assign low priority task to some other day
- Create a new task and set its priority