Project management facilities are those tools, equipment, software, resources and opportunities that help make a project management initiative more efficient. Availability of PM facilities allows achieving practical maintenance and earning better experience. People responsible for project management facility are assigned to the role of project managers who should take care of project resources and provide a framework for implementing PM initiatives.
PM software helps facilities managers plan project resources and keep track of resource availability. It allows using to-do lists and schedules to estimate potential for expansion, plan cost-effective solutions for utilizing project resources, and develop programs for maintaining specific projects and initiatives.
VIP Task Manager is a PM software example that can help you plan, utilize and track resources and facilities of your project. It’s a client-server solution that simplifies project task management through using to-do lists, priorities, schedules, timelines, templates and checklists.
- Use Database Wizard to create a new database for your project.
- Log in the database, go to Resource List view and add new user accounts. Each account will be assigned to an employee participating in your project.
- Go to Task Tree view to plan the project by using templates and divide it into phases and categories.
- Add new tasks to the project. Use Resource Assignment panel to assign tasks to employees.
- Use Notes panel to specify tasks and add text information regarding engineering and maintenance.