In a few words, project management for kids is a great opportunity for parents to teach their children to do more spending less. It is the way for kids to learn and figure out the basics of project management that will be helpful for becoming more organized and responsible. In particular, the following notions are highlighted in special books:
- Tasks, to-do lists and schedules.
- Project resources: Time and Money.
- Sequential and parallel tasks.
By teaching your kid to follow the basics of effective project management for girls and boys, you prepare the kid to do homework and school tasks. He or she will be ready to face difficulties by planning and scheduling tasks and efficiently allocating available budget (pin money). You will need to purchase books about project management for teenagers as well as show your kid websites he or she can visit to read about tools and techniques of adapted PM
Also you will need to give your child project management software that he or she will use to realize the ideas . An example of such software is VIP Task Manager which combines powerful and easy-to-use functionality that can be used by children and their parents.
- Personally install VIP Task Manager on your kid’s computer (desktop PC, laptop, or nettop).
- Create a database for your kid.
- Show your kid how to launch the software and access the database.
- Teach your kid to use Task List for creating to-do lists and project tasks.
- Teach your kid to use Task Tree for planning projects and activities.
- Show your kid how to set task priorities, change task status, filter tasks, and attach files to tasks.
- Teach your kid to use Reports Builder to create task reports.