You’ve been assigned to a project manager’s role. What first steps will you take? Obviously you need to use a helpful guide that describes how to plan, execute, control and close your project. Simple steps should help you feel competent when carrying out your managerial duties. Here’s an example of successful project management steps for managing your project throughout the entire project lifecycle:
- Initiate your project. At this step you need to conceptualize the project and determine what problem it will address.
- Plan your project. Now you need to set strategic goals and objectives for the project and develop a project plan for implementing the project strategy.
- Execute your project. This basic step requires you to use implementation methods and techniques to perform the project and tasks according to your project plan.
- Control your project. As changes have an impact on your project, you need to be ready to respond to changes to make your work productive and efficient.
- Close your project. To take this final step, you need to close all project activities, terminate contracts, and finalize project management steps business studies.
VIP Task Manager will help you follow your PM steps definition and manage your project efficiently. This software allows you to use to-do lists, schedules, templates, and reports to take all the stages of your project management steps guide and accomplish your project.
- Launch VIP Task Manager and go to Task Tree view.
- Use Task Tree view to plan your project by creating to-do lists and templates.
- Go to Calendar view to schedule activities.
- Use filters to track and control work progress.
- Use Report Builder to create reports and finalize your project.