Every sales manager needs to follow some guide that helps plan activities, determine strategies, and lead teams. A sales management guide is a series of tips and suggestions on how to plan and implement effective strategies, organize staff, manage activities, and measure performance. It allows you to establish a sales management definition considering existing resources of your company operating in the competitive environment. Often guides are electronic books that can downloaded from websites.
Together with your guide you need to use software that helps meet your sales management goals, implement strategies and make decisions. For example, VIP Task Manager offers comprehensive task management solutions that you can combine with your sales management guide in order to achieve excellence in leading sales and coordinating sales objectives. VIP Task Manager is a multi-user program that allows your sales team to collaborate and work on common tasks and projects. It will help you share importance between members of your team.
- Launch the software and create a new database, for example "Sales Department Database." You can also use the default database "Sales".
- Go to Task Tree view to create a sales plan and break it down into major phases.
- Go to Task List view to create to-do lists and tasks which are parts of your plan.
- Use Custom Fields to customize to-do lists and add new columns. For example, you can add such columns as Estimated Sales, Actual Sales, and Sales Revenue.
- Set Reminder for urgent tasks.
- Use Charts panel to build charts based on the information about your current sales.