80/20 rule - what is it and how to use it?
When you want to accomplish particular task, don't just plunge into doing it. Like everywhere in your life, you can apply Pareto principle in your everyday work. It means that 20% of all the efforts cause 80% of final results, while other 80% of your efforts cause only 20% of final results. The same rule works for your Task List. Let's say you have a goal "to make 1 million $ a year" and planned many tasks to reach this goal. According to statistics 80% of your tasks are not so effective as 20% that really get you closer to your dream. So, it is logical that you should concentrate on these important tasks.
"20% of task list" To Do List
- When you have particular goal and many tasks to achieve it, don't hurry up doing all of them, first analyze your task list
- Pick out those tasks that are the most important for achieving your goal
- Set the higher priority for these tasks and accomplish them first of all
- Use software to track your task list and sort the tasks by their priorities
- Start your task management software
- Create a task list
- Set task priority to each of your tasks
- Before you start accomplishing the tasks sort them by priority
- Start doing the tasks with higher priority