We all have to cope with complex and difficult tasks in our daily routine. But often we cannot answer the question "What is task complexity?" and do not know how to manage intricate and complex tasks. Here’s a simple task complexity definition:
- Task complexity is a collection of properties inherited by a task. These properties (like priority, due date, duration, urgency) define the difficulty of this tasks and its significance to a performer (a person who should do the task).
For example, a task becomes more complex when it has a higher priority, a shorter duration, a closer due date, a reduced amount of available resources etc. Using task complexity analysis lets define all the properties that make the task difficult and intricate.
Often to-do lists are used to manage complex tasks. To-do lists allow a performer to focus on one task and view properties of this task. Performers can use task management software to design their to-do lists and apply filters. For example, in VIP Task manager you can use various task complexity methods and techniques to develop filtered to-do lists and categorized job lists. VIP Task Manager lets you plan and do tasks of any complexity level.
- Use VIP Task Manager as a task management program for group collaboration. It will help you consider many complexity task factors when you plan and manage complex tasks.
- Use Task List view of the software to develop to-do lists that include a number of complex tasks.
- Use Filter Bar to filter tasks by complexity attributes, like Due Date, Priority, Duration etc.
- In case you want other employees to do one and the same task you can use Resource Assignment panel that helps assign one task to several users. This panel is a great tool for complexity task allocation.