Project Parameters are certain characteristics and features that can define a project or its aspects. These parameters (project characteristics) can be expressed in different ways, including qualitative and quantitative terms – strict figures, technical wording, graphs, statusing, etc.
The classic set of project parameters includes the following ones:
- Project scope – actual working content that a project embraces;
- Project time – duration of a project, and life-span of its results;
- Project integration – a variety and type of participation and collaboration that a project demands from different concerned groups;
- Project quality – specifications on project efficiency, capabilities and effectiveness of its results;
- Project risks – severity and probability of destructive influence that existing negative factors can put on a project execution;
- Project costs – determination of money that a project will most likely consume to be completed;
Every project can be exhaustively defined with a help of these six parameters and all of them can be determined before the beginning of any project, as if even one of these parameters stays undefined to the time when you decide to start a project, then you severely risk failing this project.