CEO Dashboard is a corporate-wide information system that displays key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics necessary for executives and corporate officers to effectively run an enterprise. It is a company governance tool that allows CEOs (Chief Executive Officers) to read and interpreted business-critical information for strategic analysis and decision making.
The key features of a typical CEO dashboard are as follows:
- An intuitive graphical interface that displays data through various kinds of report, including graphs, scorecards, spreadsheets, etc.
- A logical structure behind the dashboard that allows monitoring business-critical data on the fly
- Information is gathered from multiple sources (e.g. departments, industries, markets)
- Customization meets a user’s specific needs
KPIs are the key component of any CEO dashboard. KPIs display enterprise-wide business statistics that is necessary for company analysis and strategic decision making. Some examples of KPIs are as follows:
- Gross profit & loss displayed in a scorecard
- Labor added value rate
- Throughput productivity
- ROI (Return on Investment)
- Extended work hours.