Printable Dashboard is a kind of business dashboard which allows converting on-screen information into printable format. It has advanced print options to setup, preview and print out dashboard reports including graphs, tables, and text. The term can be applied to any business dashboard that features report printing capabilities.
The only purpose of printable dashboard is to provide users with the options for managing printable reports. Users are able to select which pieces of information to include in a report, how to sort the data, and what page settings to apply.
There are several types of reports that can be developed, edited and printed out through printable dashboard. These report types are as follows:
- Gauge – special metrics that show performance levels compared to baseline levels
- Graph – various charts and diagrams that visualize performance levels
- Summary – text-based reports with summary figures and text information
- Time series – line and bar charts with dates on the horizontal axis
- Category series – column and area diagrams that can include stacked or categorized data.