Program Dashboard is a data visualization tool that displays the current performance status of a program by using specific performance metrics and indicators. This tool helps decision makers to understand what amount of work within a program is done and whether a related business objective is accomplished, with details on time, labor, money and other resources consumed.
Essentially, program dashboard is a reporting system that uses various performance metrics and indicators to provide program status data for further analysis and decision makers. It creates a statement of actual results reached within a program over a certain period. Ideally these results should be compared with performance standards and conditional assumptions. All this information will ensure informed and weighted decision making.
Program dashboards summarize the following types of data:
- Actual outcomes obtained from performing a program at any stage of its life-cycle
- Performance standards and requirements
- Variations from performance standards and requirements
- Analysis of variations by performance metrics and indicators
- Proposed solutions that help develop and apply corrective actions.