Reporting Schedule is a tool (document) that regulates frequency and character of reporting that is established on a project or in a company. Reporting schedule specifies timeline and time pattern for creation of reports and submitting them to management – it is used by employees and managers to learn which report and when should be completed and sent for verification. Reporting schedule can be composed on the project planning phase and communicated to all concerned team members to let them know how the project progress or their performance should be reported.
A typical reporting schedule addresses such questions:
- What reports to generate during the project life (their titles and purposes);
- What project or business roles are in charge to generate specific reports;
- When each of the reports should be generated (recurrently or one-time);
- Specified recipients whom the reports should be sent to;
- A way and format in which the reports should be generated;
- Scope of information and issues to be included into each specific report;