Sales Dashboard is a data visualization tool that displays various kinds of sales reports which highlight performance of marketing, sales and HR functions of an organization. It allows monitoring, measuring and filtering sales-related data regarding separate products or entire product lines.
Sales dashboard is useful for an in-depth analysis of business activities that generate revenue. Essentially, these activities are sales, marketing and HR. For example, sales dashboard breaks down total revenue into monthly revenue obtained from selling certain services and products. A manager can look at the marketing angle to gain insight into channels and KPIs that have generated this revenue. The dashboard also displays the department-wise breakup of personnel, their experience and abilities.
A typical sales dashboard displays three levels of performance reports, including:
- Product-level reports that focus on inventories and determine what/how each product affects sales
- Customer-level reports that illustrate which customers drive sales
- Summary reports that give a quick view of overall sales, with reference to marketing campaigns and teams involved
Along with these kinds of performance reports, sales dashboard allows:
- Designing performance forecasts based on current sales data
- Monitoring sales performance by employee and market segment
- Carrying out a multi-dimensional analysis of profitability.