Employee Action Plan is a plan that describes or outlines the activities which an employee needs to undertake in order to attain certain result or objective. When the employees deal with multi-step routine tasks (workflows) it makes sense to regulate their activities with a help of specific action plans that can be also called procedures. Such action plans can be composed for employees by the managers to reduce numbers of potential errors, fails, questions and breaks that may occur towards completion of complex tasks – they enable employees to follow strict orders of actions, so to avoid uncertainty.
Employee action plans can be used in the following situations:
- To-do lists delegated to employees from managers in order of resolving certain issues;
- Procedures to simplify and polish the performance of certain routine tasks or functions;
- Specific disciplinary plans that are composed for employees to rectify their misconducts;
- Schedules of technical inspections and service arrangements for equipment, etc;
- Incorporation of employee activities into business processes of higher levels;
- Self-management action plan supplemented with suggestions from managers;