Employee Assessment is an in-depth analysis and evaluation of employees’ thoughts, viewpoints and feelings regarding their working environment and climate in order for their employer to identify how effective the environment is and what improvements can be made to ensure higher employee performance. It is also a method of evaluating employee performance through reviewing work results and status to determine whether current skills and competencies of employees are sufficient for doing assigned jobs.
Employee assessment is a fairly standard business practice that helps companies to know what their employees think about the environment they work in and how to improve their performance. This practice aims to:
- Identify what employees think about quality of the working environment
- Analyze employee morale and satisfaction
- Explore effectiveness of staff communications
- Determine if delegation and teamwork are effective
- Define ways for employee improvement
An organization can follow the practice of employee assessment through:
- Performance reviews and appraisals
- Staff training and development
- Employee interviews and workshops
- Feedback and reporting.