Employee Recruitment is a process of searching, selecting, hiring and orientating new workers to fill open vacancies available in an organization. Its ultimate purpose is to find, interview, select and prepare an employee for an assigned job place within an organization.
Employee recruitment has strategic importance to every organization because this activity matches individuals to current job requirements of the organization, so all employed individuals should fit with the required skills and knowledge. Otherwise, they fail doing their jobs because of the lack of competencies and skills, and the whole organization suffers from the unmatched workforce.
There’s a range of ways to attract applicants and recruit new workforce. These ways are:
- Employee referral programmes (rewarding existing personnel for their references to potential candidates to open vacancies).
- Advertising through mass media (the press, television, radio, Internet, outdoor advertising as well).
- Personnel recruitment agencies providing professional employment service.
- Special employment events (like job fairs and open houses).
- School & college programmes (engaging newly-made graduates in taking employment opportunities).