Process Audit is a complex inspection and examination of all process elements and transactions to discover inefficiencies and potential/existing causes of variation in quality of results or even explicit errors. Process audit is an in-depth evaluation of the process in terms of its methods, equipment, environment, manpower, procedures, and other components that play any role in transformation of the process inputs into specified outputs.
It approves (or calls in question) assurance that process is managed efficiently and effectively, so the organization can apply certain responsive actions in order to rectify situation or prevent problems. The task of process audit is to identify and examine all process affectors in order to evaluate and verify the ability of process to stably produce a high-quality output. Process audit may include:
- Inspection of the controls to make sure they are in place;
- Inspection of the materials and other inputs of the process;
- Inspection of the equipment to learn its working condition;
- Inspection of the process procedures to appraise their applicability;
- Inspection of the process executers to approve their competence;