Process Sheet is a formal document that includes a series of performance instructions and guidelines regarding a specific process or its part, and that describes the operating parameters and settings for the process to produce an associated product, service or other outcome. Process sheet identifies what to produce/implement, what process to use, and what resources to involve.
Process sheets are widely used in manufacturing to describe standard procedures and instructions dedicated to producing or installing a kind of system. Manufacturing companies use process sheets in designing and planning their production activities. Process sheets are developed for various departments and workshops as guidelines that explain how to perform installation or manufacturing of certain products/systems.
A typical process sheet consists of the following sections:
- Product/system description: what to produce or install
- Process description: what stages are involved in product/system manufacturing/installation
- Procedures & instructions: how to produce/install the product/system
- Labor & technology: who will produce/install the product/system and what tools & equipment will be used
- Budget: what amount of funds is required to implement the process