Project Approach is a prescribed practice or systematic process of moving a project towards a desired outcome with accuracy and efficiency. It represents an ordered and prioritized sequence of fixed steps or procedures for planning, managing, and controlling various activities particular to the project.
Approach to a project describes a strategic way of dealing with the project accurately and efficiently. It is an implementation strategy that explains what actions are preferred to reach project completion. Such a strategy aims to define, develop and follow a preferred course of action that contributes to success and survival of the project and its environment.
A typical project approach addresses the following questions:
- What is the key problem that the project aims to solve?
- What are the business drivers of the project?
- What are the primary benefits?
- Does the project meet business needs?
- What are the key elements of the project plan?
- What are alternatives to the project?
- Is the project cost-effective and feasible?
- How to evaluate and accept project results?
- What is the time that is required to deliver the project?