Project Duration is the measure of time that is necessary to complete a project. Project duration is calculated with a help of a project’s timeline that may include parallel and successive activities, so the whole amount of time being covered by a project’s timeline from the beginning to its end is the duration of this project, without relation to a number and durations of all encased activities.
Duration of a project is always an object of negotiations taking place between the project customer and executer. After the duration of a project is considered, estimated, and recognized as feasible, the due date of this project is agreed and documented in related issues of the contract.
Factors that may affect the duration of timeline are:
- Size and complexity of the project.
- Performance of available technologies and capacity of resources.
- Availability of ready project elements and template documentation.
- Complexity of administrative and expertise procedures.
- Amount of resources and money available to the project.
- Delays in supply and necessity to wait for rare materials.