Project Governance Software is a computer program that enables users to handle multitudes of common and specialized tasks associated with creation of project policies and continuous monitoring of their proper implementation throughout project lifecycles. This software provides users with virtual management mechanisms and tools that help reach balance of powers between people involved in projects and enhance the prosperity and viability of project efforts.
The key idea behind functionality of project governance software is to help management teams to answer the following questions:
- Who is accountable for project work and results?
- Who is responsible for performing project activities and processes?
Project governance software is often available as a standalone product that includes (but not limited to) the following features:
- Scheduling and task management
- Document and records management
- Performance measurement
- Visual tools for creating and printing project organizational charts
- User collaboration and communication
Project governance software can be also a built-in module, extension or tool in more complex project management software.