Project Group is a collection of individuals who work on the same project and contribute to delivery of the project and its objectives. Members of a project group are pooled together by common feeling of camaraderie and have regular contact and frequent interaction with each other as their project develops.
A typical project group is intended to carry out the following general duties:
- Understand the amount of work to be done
- Make joint efforts to ensure success of group work
- Plan for completing assigned activities
- Perform tasks within budget, timeframe, and quality expectations
- Report on issues, risks, and quality concerns to group leaders
- Communicate status of group work to senior management
Every project group has three conventional roles, such as follows:
- Leader, a person who provides leadership and guidance to the group and takes responsibility for the results of group work.
- Member, any person actually involved in performing group tasks and duties assigned by the leader.
- Contributor, an individual who indirectly participates in group work through providing guidance and advice.