Project Sign Off means a formal ultimate acceptance of the project results by the client who agrees that everything he had been expecting for (according to contract and other specification documents) is delivered and hence the job of project executers is completely over now.
A project sign-off procedure usually takes place during the contract closure phase of a project – the project executers should provide results of their work (the project products) to the customers for examination, and then, after all necessary testing has been completed, should get a formal statement from the customers to verify that their job has been successfully done.
Project sign-off includes a procedure of project results verification and signing customer acceptance sheet (a special form) where expected project deliverables are listed and should be signed-off one-by-one as they appear formally inspected and accepted.
Project sing-off means that:
- Project is accomplished in time;
- Customer is satisfied with the result;
- Outcomes meet the project scope and quality;
- Project reaches its objectives and can be closed as appropriate;
- Project performers are no more responsible for further development without any new billing;