Project Start Up is a short phase between the project planning and execution – it is responsible for successful transition of a project from a state of underlying concepts and plans to a state of practical execution. In other words this small, but very important stage stands for finishing and verification of the project’s conceptualization and planning to obtain sustainable grounds for a successful project performance (a project will have a strong fundament to be started up).
In general, the Project Start Up embraces the following activities:
- Finalizing and signing off the project plan baselines (schedule, budget and quality).
- Finalizing and signing off the supportive plans (staffing, communications, issues, etc).
- Mobilizing and coordinating resources – the project team gets completely assembled.
- Putting sponsorship plans in action and assembling the committee of sponsors.
- Verifying all primary and secondary project documents.
- Conducting the project kick-off meeting.