Schedule Availability means an amount of working time when a person assigned to a schedule is available for doing work items (like tasks, activities) placed on the schedule. The term is often used in business and project management to describe percentage of time when scheduled activities and events are available for implementation by assigned human resources. It is also used in other fields (such as education, medicine, sports) to determine what scheduled periods individuals are available for to do assigned activities, jobs, tasks, exercises etc.
Availability of a schedule can be characterized by a range of parameters that help organizations judge about the level of availability of their employees’ schedules. For instance, the more hours employees are available for doing scheduled work, the higher level of schedule availability is.
Here’re basic parameters of schedule availability:
- Availability date (when the schedule is available for doing work by assigned individuals)
- Hours per day desired (an amount of working time planned for daily consumption)
- Hours per day spent (an amount of working time actually consumed)
- Breaks when assigned resources cannot do the schedule
- Special marks and comments.