Schedule Coordinator is a person who maintains the integrity of working calendars and agendas by ensuring that scheduled events and activities are allocated to appropriate and available personnel. This employee is responsible for handling day-to-day assignments of teams to cover all schedules and establish an effective and productive scheduling process.
The key objective of a schedule coordinator job is to keep schedules staffed. To accomplish this objective, schedule coordinator should do the following tasks:
- Make records and adjustments to preliminary schedules
- Manage agendas and calendars of subordinates
- Arrange appointments and book venues for meetings
- Coordinate working time allocation
- Handle breaks, day-offs, travel arrangements, vacations and employee absence
To perform all these tasks, a candidate to a schedule coordinator job is required to possess excellent organization skills, the ability to problem solving, strong computer skills (including scheduling software), conflict management abilities, and communication skills.