Schedule Plan is a detailed description of how some scheduled activities are supposed to be carried out and what duties and responsibilities are assigned to employees for performing the activities. It serves as documented guidelines for employees to learn what’s expected of them to carry out the activities on schedule.
Schedule plans are used in various fields to determine key actions for human resources to produce an expected outcome within a scheduled period of time. For example, in finance and accounting schedule plans are used to describe how an accountant can act to reconcile expenses in line with a preset schedule of allowances. In project management schedule plans serve as a standardized document to reflect tasks to be done by assigned team participants as well time requirements the team is supposed to meet when doing the tasks.
A typical schedule plan includes the following key components:
- A list of tasks and activities to be done
- Any dependencies and relationships between the tasks and activities
- Time limits and requirements
- A list of assigned human resources
- A list of milestones or scheduled checkpoints to monitor the schedule plan.