Task Demand is an opportunity for work to be realized: it is a pending problem or some kind of a need to be resolved by a specific working effort. In other words task demand is a need for work of certain type: if something anywhere goes wrong, then a respective specialist should take care of this (for example a sanitary drain pipe is broken in your toilet – it is a task for a qualified plumber).
If a task demand is an easily understandable concept, it is not so easy to formulate and handle the task demands in our daily life as this also needs certain level of expertise and understanding. The better a task demand is formulated and described, the easier it is to satisfy it (to find someone or something to resolve a problem).
Task demand, as a conception, is also widely used on the projects. In order to create a project plan you need to identify a need for all included tasks (to scrutinize all encased task demands).
Task demand identification may include the following points:
- Formulating a problem to be resolved;
- Defining a degree of this problem;
- Formulating a result to be obtained by the problem resolution;
- Identifying skills and efforts necessary to complete a task;
- Identifying specialists who can take care of the task;