Task Lifecycle is a series of consecutive stages in the existence of a task from data collection and goals clarification through task execution, monitoring, and completion. It explains the task’s behaviors and explores all factors that have an impact on the task’s performance.
The lifecycle of a typical task consists of the following 5 steps:
- Collect task data (why do the task)
- Clarify task goals (what to accomplish by the task)
- Execute the task (how to do the task)
- Monitor task performance (whether the task accomplishes its goals)
- Complete the task (check if the task is done and the goals are achieved)
Task analytics explores all events and circumstances that happen with a task during its life-cycle. Such analytical tools as to-do lists, spreadsheets, reports, and graphs help summarize task performance and understand task progression through the lifecycle.
Key performance indicators are used to measure task performance at any given point in the lifecycle. KPIs combine math formulas and task attributes. KPIs create task analytics data that helps solve performance bottlenecks and reach optimization.