Task Mode means a specific selected methodology according to which a task should be executed under certain predefined conditions. Task mode can be different for the same task when it is put into different environmental settings, so the methodology of every mode effectively responds to settings which it was built against. Task mode is a part of terminology that can be used by the task executors in order to identify and enact a policy that suits specific environmental settings.
Task modes may include the following specifics to answer environmental issues:
- Action plans that include different ways to approach the same activities;
- Toolsets to suit different needs arising due to conditions of environment;
- Risk management and mitigation practices that depend on environmental specifics;
- Allowance (tolerance) of variance in task results due to different environmental settings;
- Managerial practices that stand for focusing on different workflow aspects;
- Employee compensations that are adjusted to difficulties peculiar to each task mode;