In terms of employee task management, Task Risk Assessment is a systematic procedure of reviewing employee tasks and activities to consider what could negatively affect employee performance and decide on suitable control measures for preventing performance loss or productivity reduction. It is a mechanism of reducing the likelihood of risk occurrence through thorough risk analysis and mitigation.
Conducting a regular assessment of task-related risks is a fundamental requirement for effective employee task management. If an employer does not assess employee activities for risks and uncertainties, then this employer does not realize possible negative factors that affect task performance and reduce employee productivity. As a result, the employee is not ready to respond to risks.
The procedure of task risk assessment consists of the following steps:
- Identify hazards associated with employee tasks and activities.
- Quantify these hazards.
- Assign priority, severity and significant to every hazard.
- Identify employees got under risks.
- Determine control measures for reducing risks.
- Implement the control measures.
- Reassess risks after the measures are done.