Task Specialist is an employee who is assigned to the development of valid and reliable tasks for other people working for one and the same organization. Task specialist knows and understands task management standards, performance measures, and assessment practices required for identifying and developing tasks with sufficient technical descriptions and for use by dedicated human resources. Sometimes task specialist takes additional responsibilities for leading employees and supervising their tasks.
A candidate to the role of task specialist should possess extensive knowledge and skills in the task management area and be familiar with common and specific practices, tools, approaches and methodologies of effective task management. The following duties and responsibilities are covered by the role:
- Develop and justify tasks for human resources
- Make detailed task plans and schedules
- Assist employees in use of assigned tasks through providing training and coaching
- Take administrative responsibilities for task implementation and success
- Score and calibrate task performance
- Take additional responsibilities for task supervision, team leadership and employee skill audit.