There is no doubt that if you want to organize an effective team able to efficiently do assignments and tasks, you need to know the difference between team leader and team manager, as well as between team leader and supervisors, team leader and follower, etc. Below we give you a short comparison list:
- Team leader vs Manager: while team leader provides guidance and leadership to a group of people for the purpose of achieving some result, manager oversees one or more employees to ensure these employees do assigned tasks and jobs.
- Team leader vs Supervisor: Although these terms are similar, there are some differences. While team leader is responsible for instructing and coordinating a team, supervisor takes care of technical and administrative guidance of employees.
- Team leader vs Project manager: while participates in projects in order to guide and instruct a project group, project manager takes responsibilities for strategic project planning and team management.
- Team leader vs Team member: team leader is a management staff person who makes team-related decisions, while team member is a subordinate who implements these decisions.
- Team leader or Follower: team leader is an assigned person who takes managerial responsibilities for guiding and leading a team, while follower can be any person (contributor, stakeholder) who shares the team’s interests and/or participates in performing team tasks and assignments.
To cope with daily tasks, team leaders, managers, followers, supervisors and team members need to use task management software. VIP Task Manager is a great example. Your employees, co-workers, subordinates and management staff can use VIP Task Manager for better task planning and tracking.
- Team leaders can use Filter Bar to track tasks by due date, priority, assignment, % complete.
- Team members can use Task List view to do their tasks and to-do lists.
- Supervisors can use Watch List capability of VIP Task Manager to receive notifications of task updates.
- Managers can use Task Tree view to plan and manage projects.
- Followers can be assigned to receiving status notifications to keep track of task changes.