Employee retention definition: it is a business management term referring to policies and efforts of employers focused at retaining current employees in their workforce. The goal is to secure employer’s available mature workforce, being one of the most important competitive factors, from dissatisfaction & therefore unavoidable leaving, and from “head-hunters” who try to poach the best HR. Today, when competition for qualified workforce on all national HR markets appears quite intensive, investment into corporate management is not something to ignore, as a company that treats its human resources irresponsibly blasts its own success in future.
Actually, a corporate software system should be accurately developed over the years, along with approaching every employee individually, so employers should strongly avoid situations when their leaving employees (who just appear standing in the doorway with their letters of dismissals) are immediately offered a higher salary to be retained – it is just a one-time remedial action that will not cure a deep and systematic HR crisis. The best long-term tools include:
- Sure opportunities of career growth and professional development;
- Phased manner of salary increasing (stable salary growth over the years);
- Considerable social package that upgrades along with years of service;
- Friendly atmosphere in the team, no severe administrative pressure from managers;
- Recognition of achievements and talents;
These ideas can be supported by proper managerial style. In order to avoid stress at work, it is necessary to carry out clear planning of tasks and goals, which can be done with a help of VIP Task Manager that is software for job scheduling and controlling in real-time regime, and it is designed to help you with time management.
To schedule project tasks for the team– do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups (Task Tree mode);
- set project timeline (Calendar mode) and target dates;
- assign and schedule tasks in terms of their costs, priorities, objectives, etc;
- control project execution in real-time regime;