Collaboration software tools let you and your co-workers log in a centralized database and share information, make collaborative efforts and contribute to achievement of shared goals. Many online collaboration reviews prove the importance of multi-user software solutions. When using such solutions, you are not bound to a specific location and your co-workers can communicate with you and access your information through Internet or LAN. You have no need to think of ways to share your Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, web links, tasks, and calendars because you can use services of websites to allow your co-workers to access your data.
Collaboration software tools can be web based and desktop based. Most web based tools offer ordinary and common functionality that allows users to access remote web servers through web browsers. Such tools demonstrate what definition is and how online users can collaborate by using special web services. You can find useful information about web based solutions at wiki definitions. Desktop based solutions are often much featured and offer real-time collaboration. You can communicate with your co-workers by accessing a central database via LAN or Internet. Any piece of information stored in the database can be shared. For example, VIP Task Manager allows several users to connect to common database and make collaborative efforts. By using this desktop based software, you can share content and manage personal and group tasks, schedules and projects. Unlike sites, VIP Task Manager allows you to work with other users offline (without Internet) giving you more advantages and flexibility.
- Launch VIP Task Manager and log in your database (if you do not have your database, please create a new one) under Administrator username.
- Create a new account for you and a personal task group that will keep all your tasks.
- If you want other users to access your task group, you can use Permissions Panel to set access level for each user. You can allow or deny a user to view/edit/delete/create records in your folder.
- Use Roles Panel to set bundle permissions for several users at once.
- You can access your database through LAN or Internet.