Documents disorder and how to avoid it
How often do you search for an important document you need immediately among great number of different papers on your desk or in your file cabinets? Do you have a lot of folders with document files on your computer? How much time do you spend on looking through each of them looking for particular one? Documents disorder leads to wasting time. The time you will never get back, the time you could spend more wisely. Organizer software can help you use the power of your computer to organize documents stored in file cabinets or on its hard drive.
How to manage paper and electronic documents
You can save lots of time by using search feature of organizer software to find required document as easier and faster as possible. All you need to do is to create a record for each new document you have and add a couple of key words that describe this document. When it's time to quickly find the document you simply enter a key word into search option and in a second you will know where the document is.
- Start your Organizer software
- Label all your file folders with numbers or names arranged in numerical or alphabetical order
- Create a task with the name of paper document you want to file away and add keywords associated with it in the notes section. Assign it to the category with the name of corresponding file folder.
- Create a task with the name of electronic document you want to file away and record keywords associated with it in the notes section, then attach this file or link to it in Attachment tab.
- Use the search function and search for keywords that describe the required document to find it.