Project Management (PM) advantages and limitations are what should be investigated in every specific case as there is no a single attitude of the project management, while there are a plenty of different methods providing their own benefits, while creating pitfalls and problems for project managers who are poorly skilled to use these methods (or if these methods weren’t properly adapted to the case’s specificity).
Actually companies tend to increase efficiency of their methods dramatically, so while general PM Advantages are really great as they include better controllability of projects to accomplish them on-time, on-budget and on-quality, PM disadvantages appear when a wrong (inappropriate) set of controls, methods, standards and measures is applied to situation which requires something else.
PM advantages and pitfalls should be analyzed and derived in each specific situation apart, reasoning from the needs of current project manager. Some of the following pitfalls can be disclosed:
- Selected PM methodology isn’t properly adapted to needs of certain industry, so its postulates cause only mismanagement at reaching the project’s goals and carrying out its main mission;
- Due to wrong controls applied, a plenty of blind spots in the manager’s supervision appears and may lead to failing the quality, costs or schedule;
- Mismanagement of personnel or ongoing team management policy makes employees to fail their responsibilities;
CentriQS is a business management shareware for small and medium businesses. It it can be used by project managers in planning and controlling their activities and also in discovering some defections and inefficiencies in managing teams and tasks.
For effective project management with CentriQS – do the following:
- Go to the Projects view to access your projects
- Use the columns "Code,"Name","Date Created", "Folder" to view the basic information on your projects
- To see the tasks and schedules of your project, right click on required project, select plan the Go to Related item and select the Tasks or the Scheduler
- Tip! Use filters to focus on required project