Project management statement is a description of work you need to accomplish, explained in terms of managerial tasks. In project management, statement of work is a vital document that expounds scopes of work that should be completed according to customer’s requirements, expert evaluation and estimation, etc. This statement of work is a detailed and complex project planning’s element that may include set of project objectives, WBS (work tree-like map), and amount of labor, time and resources required to accomplish this work (project constraints). These things are elaborated by project’s experts reasoning from two other important elements that predefine everything:
- statement of purpose – it explains and justifies the need in the project. In other words it answers questions “why we need to do this work?” or “what for we should accomplish this work?”
- statement of requirements – it explains what requirements the customer asserts to products and outputs of this project, so that his needs and expectations can be properly satisfied.
VIP Task Manager is an instrument that can work to create and manage electronic statement of work templates explaining them in terms of specific tasks, goals, costs, time and other requirements. It provides you with sharable interface modes (Task List, Task Tree and Calendar) that can be used for analyzing performance over your working plans in order to identify their evolution or defections.
To plan and analyze specific project – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- explain project management requirements in terms of specific tasks, goals, time, etc;
- plan and schedule these tasks for performers;
- control and guide the project performance;