Possible meanings are as follows:
- Collaboration at composing and editing project documents (in electronic format);
- Collaboration at workflow planning and controlling (sharing and updating current data);
- Collaboration at working schedules and timetables (calendaring, to-do listing, etc);
- Collaboration at data management (administering different working matters);
Reasoning from the mentioned collaboration types we can conclude that each of these types requires appropriate informational techniques and virtual methods to be carried out. Today, a lot of questions can be answered by applying special collaborative suites that cover a set of different areas of co-operation.
The major virtual collaboration issues today are about finding a way on how to design and organize such a collaborative system to make it really agile and low-cost to boost up everyday activities of an average organization, including different embedded tools to cover the full spectrum of collaborative areas. Those tips stand for helping you to figure out what kind of collaboration you need: documents, tasks and time, business information, etc. The following example of software is designed to cope with all these challenges:
VIP Task Manager is a client-server program that allows establishing collaborative relations at workflow and tasks.
To perform collaborative tasks – do the following:
- start your project planning software;
- set a suitable layout of task groups to represent the project;
- prioritize your tasks and define how to lead your group through them;
- plan and schedule tasks and project arrangements in terms of target dates, costs, time, etc;
- assign tasks to doers and control their productivity in real-time;