Before considering any information to work on planning a new project, you need to choose a project management approach that is the basis of the project planning process. When you take your project management approach, you begin to implement the process and ensure that sufficient resources are in place.
Usually project management approaches allow defining the next key information for projects:
- Key players: Considering your method you should define who will participate in your project and what requirements to the applicants are. You will need to build and manage a team for the project.
- Methodology: The project is managed considering your PM approach based on the methodology that allows producing project deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Resources: Your approach is about ensuring that resources (finance, information, staff and skills) are available for your project and well managed so the project tends to be completed within the defined quality, time and cost constraints.
- Risks: A contingency plan for your project is required to allow you to manage the project in case of emergency and follow the agile methodology.
To take your technique, software for project planning and management is required. You can use VIP Task Manager software that helps you plan projects, assign tasks to members of your project team, set deadlines, schedule activities, develop working calendars and print out reports.
- Run VIP Task Manager and log in your database.
- Go to Task Tree view to create a plan for your project and break it into phases considering your project management approach.
- Go to Task List view to assign tasks, set priorities, plan due dates and specify tasks.
- Use Attachments panel to attach your project management approach document and other project-related files to key tasks of your project. You can allow or deny members of your team to review the files.