In organizations involved in many regular and continuous projects it can be reasonable to create a project management department. Creation of such a department is a cost-effective way of managing and governing projects. A well-established project management department structure will serve as a foundation for planning and executing multiple projects with a high number of people involved.
By using effective project planning software it is possible to create such a department. Department heads, their assistants, supervisors, team members and other stakeholders can use this software to collaborate with each other and exchange the data in real-time mode. For example, with help of VIP Task Manager, users can share tasks and schedules, send and receive status notifications, track project progress, and make reports. VIP Task Manager can be used as an effective program for setting PM department definition and managing collaborative projects and workflows.
- If you think there is a need to create a department in your company, arrange a meeting with senior management and highlight your idea during this meeting.
- If senior management approves your idea, you need to define departmental organization, including structure, key members, scope of responsibilities and roles, communication channels.
- Use VIP Task Manager to plan and manage procedures, functions, tasks and goals.
- In Task List view of the software you can make to-do lists and assign tasks to one or several members of the department.
- Use Task Tree view of VIP Task Manager to make templates and plan projects by phases.
- Use Calendar view to schedule tasks and plan activity durations.