Perhaps, it’s impossible to plan and manage projects efficiently without using project management (PM) essentials. Here’s a list of project management essentials required for successful project planning & implementation:
- Skills and Knowledge. By developing your skills and improving your knowledge in the field of project management, you increase your chances for project success. You can use web resources and online library to read articles and books about PM.
- Training and Certification. Besides PM books and articles, you’ll need to attend courses to obtain PM certificates. Use the web search to find Internet resources that offer online PM training courses and PM certification.
- Software and Templates. Using software allows you to manage projects by means of virtual tools and resources. Project programs and software solutions will help you develop templates and tasks for planning and implementing projects. VIP Task Manager is a good example of PM software that lets get most out of project management essentials and best practices.
VIP Task Manager offers PM tools for planning, executing, tracking, and controlling tasks and processes within projects. This multi-user program allows using templates, checklists and to-do lists to quickly initiate and plan projects.
- Launch VIP Task Manager and access your database that keeps your projects.
- Use Task Tree view to plan a new project by phases. Use templates for quick project planning.
- Go to Task List view to manage tasks of the project. Use Priority and Due Date to plan project tasks.
- Go to Calendar view to schedule tasks and create timelines for your project.