Project management for dummies becomes more and more popular today because people often do not need to learn the entire discipline but just explore some basic concepts and principles in order to follow daily practice of coordinating projects and to answer the question "Is project management for me?" Here are several key principles of project management for beginners that help you follow and manage projects:
- Determine Business Need. Your project will be successful if it is business driven. Determination of the business need is the basis for making project-related decisions.
- Define Benefits. Your project should be about converting the business need into business benefits. You will need to define the key benefits to be produced upon project completion.
- Develop Project Plan. The development of an explicit project plan will allow you to meet all the conditions required for addressing the business need and producing the benefits.
- Establish Open Communications. You need to develop a communications plan to establish open communications between team members.
- Establish Teamwork. To follow this principle of PM for "idiots" you will need to maintain collaboration between team members who are able to share their knowledge and work on the achievement of common goals and objectives.
VIP Task Manager allows following the principles of project management for non project managers and neophytes. This software has a simple and intuitive interface giving users quick and easy access to powerful tools for planning, managing, tracking and reporting tasks and projects.
- Launch the software and create a new database for your project.
- Go to Task Tree view to create a project plan and break it down into phases. You can use templates and checklists to easily and quickly plan your project.
- Use Notes panel to describe benefits of the project and specify the business need to be addressed.
- Communicate with your team through sending messages in Comments panel.
- Share tasks and projects by using Permissions panel.