Managing a project is a complex process that always consists of some project management stages. The number and content of such stages will depend on a methodology used to manage the project. For instance, PMBOK methodology offers a flexible approach to dividing projects into five stages, such as Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Control, and Closure. There are other examples of PM methodologies such as SCRUM, Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE2 etc. Each of the methodologies provides a unique project staging process.
If you’re a project manager and need to start a new project, it is all up to you to decide which methodology to choose and how to divide your project into management stages and activities. You can communicate with your team and stakeholders to make a decision.
PM software will help you implement your methodology. For example, you can use Task tree view in VIP Task Manager to manage your project in accordance with PMBOM. You can start the project with developing templates for managing the Initiation stage. Then you can use Calendar view to schedule a project plan for performing other stages.
- Use your favorite web search system to get more information on the stages and methodologies.
- Download and install VIP Task Manager on your computer.
- Use Task Tree view in VIP Task Manager to design templates and to-do lists for your project.
- Use Calendar view to develop schedules and set durations.
- Use Task List view to track and manage tasks of your project.